[Free Consultation] Are you spending money on advertising but not getting the results you want? Are you looking for more sales and leads but have no idea where or how to start? Get help from our world-class marketing experts in a free consultation call.
Click Here To Schedule Your Free Consultation Now
Content is one of the most valuable marketing tools any business can access.
But although content is critical to every part of your branding and advertising strategy, from building your website to strengthening connections with customers, it’s not always easy to produce.
The best content requires exceptional writing skills, extensive keyword research, and a solid knowledge of SEO best practices. That’s why so many companies choose to hire content creation agencies.
In this post, we’ll go over:
- The top 5 content creation agencies
- What a content creation agency is
- What services they provide
- The benefits of working with a content creation agency
- How to choose the best agency + red flags to watch out for
Ready? Let’s jump into it!
Top 5 Content Creation Agencies
With a good knowledge of what content creation agencies can do, and an insight into how you can find the most reliable companies for your team, you’re ready to start exploring some of the top options. Here are our top picks for content creation expertise.
1) Single Grain
- Specializes In: Content creation, inbound marketing, SEO
- Top Clients: Amazon, Salesforce, Airbnb
- Pricing: Custom based on your requirements
Single Grain offers a host of content marketing and inbound marketing solutions for businesses hoping to develop their brand online and improve their chances of sales. With tons of case studies and client testimonials to highlight the quality of their services, the company promises an exceptional level of content, from experts you can trust. They also have marketing experts on hand to offer insights into how you can improve the return on your investment.
What sets this agency apart from the rest is its extensive blog that features a ton of relevant and well-written content. They rank #1 on Google for competitive keywords like “marketing trends,” “influencer marketing” and “SEO techniques,” as well as the featured snippet for “what is web 3.0” – all from their own content.
Single Grain’s services start with a thorough investigation of your brand voice, image and assets, as well as an in-depth review of your competitors’ strategies. From there, they work with you to create a content strategy that makes the most sense for your business goals.
A team of talented writers and designers will work directly with your company to:
- Design a content marketing strategy using best SEO practices
- Craft copy that engages, converts and tells your brand’s story
- Understand and test how different messaging, copy and graphics yield certain results
- Create content which sends leads into your marketing funnel
- Provide an ongoing analysis of your industry competitors
- ROI measurements, SEO testing and content optimization
- Ongoing content marketing campaign tracking and monitoring
Single Grain produces all kinds of content, from blogs and graphics to comprehensive videos, to ensure that you can stand out from the competition. CEO Eric Siu hosts the popular daily podcast Marketing School with Neil Patel, and Leveling Up where he interviews entrepreneurs.
2) Seer Interactive
- Specializes In: Content creation, research
- Top Clients: Crayola, Intuit, AWeber
- Pricing: Custom based on your requirements
Seer Interactive offers content creation for brands that want to create articles that are packed with rich data, research and unique information. The company got its start as an SEO firm, but today offers a wide range of content creation services with a focus on data and building brand reputation.
Seer Interactive benefits from a comprehensive data warehouse packed full of information to help with identifying all kinds of customer trends and marketing insights. The company can instantly search through millions of keywords to find the best content strategy to suit your target audience.
They provide a wide range of content creation services, from robust interactive assets to banner and social ads, landing pages, videos, infographics, and more. One of the best things about working with Seer Interactive is you get the SEO aspects of content creation built-in as part of the package.
- Specializes In: Content creation, inbound marketing
- Top Clients: The Arbor Company, 1st United, True Office Learning
- Pricing: Custom based on your requirements
A popular company in the inbound marketing and content creation landscape, SmartBug has earned an incredible range of more than 500 5-star reviews for its phenomenal content packages. The company can produce a huge selection of content assets for all kinds of companies, ranging from graphics and written pieces to promotional downloads.
A commitment to exceptional customer service helps to set SmartBug apart from the competition when it comes to content creation excellence. The brand provides a team of experts to work with your company on developing standard content models based on your brand image and target audience.
SmartBug’s team is fantastic at creating everything from high-quality blogs and thought leadership content, to articles and news reports, depending on your goals. They can even help you to build a full inbound marketing campaign.
Dive Deeper: What Is Inbound Marketing?
4) NP Digital
- Specializes In: Content creation and social media marketing
- Top Clients: Facebook, LinkedIn, Adobe
- Pricing: Custom based on your requirements
NP Digital is the content marketing, social media marketing, and SEO company of the iconic Neil Patel. This business is built by one of the better-known names in digital marketing, so you know you’re going to get a high level of expertise, and fantastic results from all of your content marketing assets.
The NP Digital team will work with you to explore your content marketing needs, then produce a range of assets specific to your requirements, from graphics to written blog posts. The company can even A/B test campaigns on your behalf, help you with brainstorming content ideas, and even create CTAs to help drive conversions.
Neil Patel’s team has fantastic reviews from top-level companies, so you know you’re going to get exceptional service and fantastic customer support. The company also offers accompanying marketing services to go alongside content creation, like social media marketing.
Dive Deeper: How to Create CTAs that Actually Cause Action
5) The Content Bureau
- Specializes In: Content creation, B2B marketing
- Top Clients: American Express, Adobe, PayPal
- Pricing: Custom based on your requirements
If you’re looking for B2B content, then you can’t go wrong with The Content Bureau. This 100% virtual content creation agency specializes in all kinds of powerful content for B2B brands like PayPal and Adobe, such as marketing materials for global corporations in technology, financial services, and many other industries.
The Content Bureau produces high-quality premium content, from the “hard stuff,” like big marketing campaigns, to refreshing existing assets or simple copywriting. They also provide content for email campaigns and newsletters, banner ads, blog posts, social media copy, white papers, internal reports, and case studies.
The Content Bureau is a great choice if you need a content marketing service committed to making your business stand out in an increasingly aggressive B2B landscape.
What Is a Content Creation Agency?
On average, content marketing costs around 62% less than traditional outbound marketing, but it also produces up to 3x as many leads. Unsurprisingly, around 90% of all organizations leverage content for their marketing campaigns.
A content creation agency is a company committed to helping brands produce persuasive, informative and educational content for a range of different purposes. Content creation companies can produce articles and e-books to help guide and empower your customers or design email marketing campaigns to nurture your leads.
Most content creation agencies will offer a wide variety of different content types, including blog posts, press releases, white papers, social media posts, videos, podcasts, and infographics. In some cases, these professionals may also offer complementary services alongside content creation, such as social media management or SEO support.
What Services Do Content Creation Agencies Offer?
The exact services you can expect from a content creation specialist will depend on which company you work with. Like most agencies, content creation firms can offer a wide variety of packages, ranging from simple services like blog post production, to extensive content strategies with target audience analysis and SEO planning, to additional marketing strategies like influencer marketing.
Most content creation agencies will start with an evaluation of your content needs and a discussion of your business. It helps to have brand guidelines and editorial information to offer these companies as an additional source of guidance.
Some of the common services a content creation agency offer include:
- Creative writing: Content creation companies usually have a team of creative writers capable of writing everything from product descriptions and website pages to social media posts, blogs and e-books. Your content creation team will usually also have proofreaders and editors on-board to ensure that each piece of written content meets specific guidelines.
- Graphic design and video: As visual marketing becomes an increasingly important part of the promotional funnel, a number of content creation agencies are now also offering videos and graphics as part of their service. Graphic designers can create content for social media posts, blogs and infographics, and video teams can create long- or short-form videos.
- Audio content producers: Though less common than some other kinds of content creation, some content producers can also help with the production of voiceovers, podcasts and audio content for your marketing and branding campaigns.
- Consulting services: As experts in content creation and production, many content agencies also offer guidance on the kind of content you might need to achieve specific marketing goals. Consulting services can make it easier to answer any questions you might have about using content to your advantage in a digital world.
- Promotional support: Content experts can also help optimize content for promotional purposes. For instance, graphic designers can create content specifically designed to follow the guidelines of certain social media platforms. You might also be able to get assistance with search engine optimization from your content creation team.
- Branding: Some content creators will assist with various aspects of branding, help you understand your target audience, and create a specific tone of voice or image which appeals to the right kind of buyer.
Depending on the level of service offered by your content creation team, your company might work alongside your marketing and promotional professionals to help build and implement a complete content marketing strategy.
The Benefits of Hiring a Content Creation Agency
82% of companies actively use content marketing to speak to their target audience, build a stronger brand reputation and improve their chances of sales. However, finding the time to create high-quality content can be difficult.
Successful content creation requires deep competitor and customer research to ensure that you set your business apart from other companies and develop a strong brand identity. What’s more, companies need to produce content consistently to achieve the best results.
Hiring a content creation agency means you can:
- Minimize Costs: Hiring a content creation agency is often a lot more cost effective than hiring in-house writers and content producers. You can access a wide range of video creators, graphic artists and freelance writers for one bulk price, rather than having to hire multiple individuals.
- Offer Expert Input: As full-time content experts, content creation professionals can provide useful insights into how to enhance your content to appeal to your target audience. Many companies offer consultation and guidance for business leaders who may need extra support. You can learn how to get a better ROI from your content marketing.
- Deliver Specialist Skills: Content creation agencies are full of people with specialist skills required to make high-quality content. Whether you’re hiring an agency to help with graphic design or writing blog posts, you can rest assured you’ll get good quality.
- Provide New Ideas: Content creation agencies can help ideate on the right topics you’ll need in order to rank well. If you’re not a content creator yourself, coming up with endless new ideas can be one of the most complex parts of any content marketing strategy. A writer can even help you repurpose your content in unique ways.
- Stay Current: Content creation teams aren’t just experts in graphic design and writing, they’re also specialists in the marketing world. They can offer insights into the kind of content most likely to appeal to your audience at any given time so you can improve your chances of making the right impact.
- Save Time: With a content creation agency producing the content you need, you can focus on other parts of growing your business. The rest of your marketing team can place all their attention on promoting the content you produce.
Depending on the kind of content creation team you choose, you can also access a host of additional benefits, like help with figuring out where to promote your content and done-for-you plans for a complete content strategy.
How to Choose a Content Marketing Company
As one of the most valuable tools in any marketing strategy, content is a highly sought after resource in the digital world. As a result, there are plenty of content marketing agencies out there to choose from if you need some extra support.
While there’s no one-size-fits-all set of guidelines to ensuring that you pick the right content marketing company, the following points should help put you on the right path.
Decide What Kind of Content You Need to Produce
While most content marketing and content creation companies will offer access to a wide range of content options, many will have areas of specialization. If your main focus right now is on competing with other companies in your industry by producing video content, it’s best to look for a content creation company with years of experience in video.
If you want to produce blog posts and white papers, you can look a for a company with a lot of experience in the writing landscape. It’s also worth looking for companies who have worked with companies similar to yours before. If the brand has already worked in your industry, they’ll have a good idea of which topics and jargon are relevant for your audience.
Consider What Kind of Help You Need Beyond Content Creation
If you already have an expert team of marketing professionals on-hand to promote your content, and you know who your target audience is, you can usually work with a pretty basic content creation agency. Alternatively, if you need some extra help building a complete content strategy, it’s worth looking into the additional services a company can offer.
Some content marketing agencies can provide comprehensive content plans built with a focus on your target audience and brand image. These companies can consult with you about your content needs, evaluate your target audience for you, and aid with promoting your content too.
Do Some Background Research on a Potential Agency
Once you find a content creation agency capable of offering the wide selection of content production services you need, it’s important to make sure you’re choosing a vendor you know you can trust. Take a look at the content on the company’s website to find out whether they practice what they preach. How well-researched and designed is the content you can find? Are their blog posts ranking well in the SERPs?
It’s also worth taking some time to learn about the kind of customer service you can expect from each agency. For instance, will the company work with you to build a bespoke content strategy, or do they expect you to provide them with all the information they need from day one?
Read through any testimonials and reviews left by previous customers to get a better view of the kind of support you’re likely to get.
Red Flags to Watch for When Choosing a Content Agency
It’s not always easy to separate the best content creation agencies from the rest when you’re new to the landscape. Doing your research and looking into testimonials left by other customers can give you a good starting point.
However, it’s also important to be aware of some common red flags which may indicate the company isn’t as reputable as they seem, such as:
🚩 Lack of content on the website: A content firm not committed to producing their own content usually isn’t the most trustworthy option. A good agency will know the value of producing high-quality content, not just to improve their SEO rankings, but to show potential customers what they can do.
🚩 Limited access to crucial tools: A content creation company should have access to all the tools they need to produce your content, from video editing software to content optimization tools. If your content company asks you to supply licenses for certain pieces of software, this is a good sign they’re not invested in their own business.
🚩 One-size-fits-all services: If an agency thinks that one content strategy fits all businesses, walk away. Different companies will need different kind of content to make the right impact on their audience. A good content creation company will get to know your brand, its tone of voice, and your target audience before they start producing anything.
Ready to Hire the Right Content Creation Agency?
Finding the right content creation agency for your needs can take some time and research, but it’s well worth the effort. Being able to produce high-quality content for your company consistently is often the key to setting yourself apart from the crowd in any industry.
Remember, when browsing through the options above, make sure you:
- Consider what kind of content production strategy you need
- Ask yourself how much help you need with content marketing
- Evaluate the reputation of the content creation brand
Schedule your FREE consultation with Single Grain’s content creation experts to discuss your content marketing requirements. 👇
Or learn more about what we can do for you here 👉 Content Marketing Agency